A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
Cuttle Scuttle is a retro co-op arcade game with a nod to several classics of the 1980s, including Bubble Bobble and Ms Pacman. Ah, but it's more than that- it's also an ecosystem simulator based on real life marine ecology!
It's breeding season at Point Lowly, and three female cuttlefish, Lola, Lulu and Mimi, must navigate 23 hazardous zones of rocky reef and open ocean to find cuttlefish mates, feast on prey and lay enough eggs to ensure their species' survival.
Brimming with tasty crustaceans, troublesome urchins, hungry dolphins and meddling humans, Cuttle Scuttle offers maze after maze of increasingly frantic action and plenty of surprises!
FINAL BETA release is out now for Windows and MacOS. Full release and mobile version are coming in 2018. Beta customers will receive FREE UPDATES beyond the release of the full commercial version.
Minimum system requirements
- Pentium processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 512 MB video card
- Windows XP, Mac OSX or later
- Concept, Art & Design, Sound FX - Dan Monceaux
- Programming - Adam Jenkins
- Music - Julian Shank (aka Cuttlefish)
- 4 June 2018 - New features, creatures, threats and surprises! Face prey-tainting pollution, get totally trawled, plunged into darkness beneath a massive ship and challenged by predators like never before! This FINAL Beta version is also bulging with new inter-species predator-prey relationships... not just those involving cuttlefish. Oh and there is plenty of new music, updated art, dialogue and some bloopy new sound FX to enjoy too. Will you survive past the 23rd zone to see the special new end-game story sequence?
- 18 July 2016 - New features include local and global hi-score entry and mid-game extra player opt-in. An 'attract mode' now plays when the menu screen is left idle. Level threat balance has been revised and improved along with some minor art improvements.
|Published||Dec 04, 2015|
|Authors||Dan Monceaux, bilby|
|Tags||8-Bit, cuttle, cuttlefish, marine, ocean, old-school, reef, Retro, simulator, underwater|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
|Player count||1 - 3|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $2.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.